An industry first… Explosionproof VFDs
The Class I Dilemma
Until now, a VFD couldn’t be used inside a classified enclosure in Class I, Division 1 or 2 locations. The heat generated by the VFD inside the classified enclosure caused it to fail. To overcome this problem, VFDs had to be stationed in control rooms outside of the hazardous area, resulting in expensive and impractical installation costs.
But what if you could station VFDs exactly where you want them, literally mounting the drives next to motors inside Class I areas? This would provide:
- A significant reduction of construction and installation costs
- The elimination of logistical and engineering problems
- An increase in uptime
Crouse-Hinds has developed just such a solution – the ACE Series Explosionproof Variable Frequency Drive.
- For speed control of pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, separators, mixers, and other process equipment.
- Designed to meet the high reliability and safety requirements of process industries such as oil and gas, chemical and mining.
ACE system benefits
Get a Quote
Download Spec Sheet PDF
- ACE Explosionproof VFDs are installed ‘on-machine’ inside the hazardous areas, eliminating expensive, complicated installations.
- There is no need to run long lines of conduit and motor cable, dig up roadways and sidewalks, navigate around obstacles and hazards or build off-site control rooms in non-hazardous areas to house VFD clusters.
- Reflected Wave Syndrome is eliminated due to short motor cable runs.